Becoming people of generosity
God is generous with us and we respond by intentionally living generous lives.
In a broader culture obsessed with wealth, possessions, and power we seek to follow the Way of Jesus in flipping the script on what is of greatest worth… Jesus invites us to imagine loving the other, welcoming the stranger, and loosening our grip on the very things the dominant culture tells us matter the most.
We believe that the greatest gift anyone can give another is not their money or their talents, but their time, their presence, and their friendship. We long to get to know you and be shaped by your presence. And as a not for profit organization we a wholey and holy supported by the people and friends of St Luke’s. We seek to be good stewards of the gifts entrusted to us, and have systems of accountability in place to ensure wise and ethical economic practices.
Contribute Through Our Online Portal
Support our community through our giving portal and select your chosen giving area. We have a number of vital realms where you can invest in our shared mission. You can set up one-time or recurring giving amounts.
Simply Giving . Recurring Gifts
Giving as a recurring donation made monthly. This helps us tremendously to help us plan for the future or in times of crisis like a pandemic. It takes a few minutes to set up the first time you use this method. Please inquire with our office administrator.
Give in Person
Give in person by putting your gift into our collection plates on any given Sunday. We also have Noisy Sundays (change collection) every 5th Sunday of the month.
Corporate Employer Matching
Matching funds support outreach programs including disaster relief and direct support for those who are experiencing homelessness. Please inquire with your employer.
One of the easiest ways to give to St Luke’s is by gifting stock, which has considerable tax advantages, especially if you have realized capital gains on your original investment.
You can elect to have a part of your estate donated to St Luke’s upon your death. Please inquire with our church staff and we will put you in touch with the appropriate person.
WAYS TO Participate
We all have gifts & talents… Are you feeling called to serve? Below are our current ministry opportunities.
Please contact us for inquiries – we can always use extra hands and hearts. If you are a high school student seeking volunteer hours we’d love to connect with you.
- Greeters & Ushers committed to welcoming all & helping people feel at home.
- Communion assistants
- Youth acolytes who play a vital role in helping us imagine following the light of Christ
- Love & Justice Chorale members
- Song Leaders
- Altar Guild members
Children, Youth & Family
- We are looking for teen+ vacation bible adventure volunteers for our fun VBA weeks
- By definition a community of faith gathers; we are actively in seeking an event coordinator. For the right fit this could be a paid position.
- Audio, video & streaming engineers. Since COVID we have been expanding our online community.
Communications & Belonging
- We are more than a group of people who gather on-campus on Sunday mornings, so we are looking for thoughtful innovators who can help guide us into more effective communication and into building even richer community for our online community.